Happy Birthday!!!


Happy birthday to my blog! Happy birthday to my blog! Happy birthday, happy birthday... happy birthday to my blog! *clap clap*

OK now that I've done my little song and dance I can actually say that I can't believe it's been exactly 730 days ago that I wrote my first post on what has now become THE LOOK GOOD BLOG. 

How did it all start? Well in  Australia of course! My move Down Under for a university exchange programme inspired me to give blogging a try and a week after I had started my blog, which was called Life Fashion Love back then, I was lucky enough to volunteer for the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Festival in Sydney. 

It was there that I met two lovely and very successful bloggers who inspired keep on blogging and add a fashion element to a blog which was initially focused more on my life as a student in Oz. 

The first was Maria V from CrashingRED.com who has now gone on to start a second blog/website called So Nailicious and who inspired me by her impeccable work ethic (writing bloog posts and designing websites even when she was very ill, for example).

The second was Margaret Zhang from Shine By Three who has grown her homeland fame to reach the shores of US (yes she's been invited to New York Fashion Week!) and Europe. Maggy inspired me by her sheer determination to blog about her passion despite personal obstacles (as a student - academic and financial demands being the key burdens).
The very first photo that appeared on my blog - Sydney's skyline!
It warms my heart to reminisce about those fun days such as the VOGUE Fashion's Night Out when myself and fellow bloggers took on the city of Sydney.

Well, haven't I come a far way (not just geographically) since then! This blog has been a huge experiment and has seen plenty of ups and downs - being on the verge of hitting delete was definitely a point where it hit rock bottom.

But now that I've got so far I am determined to keep this blog going. In fact, (surprise, surprise) I've got some plans for its future. Looking back at my old posts I realised that perhaps the more recent posts have lost my personal touch and humour sarcasm...

So in the next year I hope to re-introduce my old style of writing. But I also plan to bring in some new changes! In the coming weeks and months you will see some guest posts and collaborations. Perhaps a new page may be added ("travel good" anyone?).

Watch out! Some changes are on the way.
I am also looking to move the blog from Blogger to Wordpress (the Bugatti of the blogging world) as do most bloggers when they reach a certain calibre/age. Hence I will be learning a bit more about HTML and graphics so there may some re-branding closer to the blog's third birthday.

Oh and in case you were interested, here are the top 3 blog posts of all time:

  1. Graduand on a Budget (How to be a Smart Shopper) posted on 21 July 2013
  2. Fighting Stress at Uni posted on 18 September 2011
  3. VOGUE Fashion's Night Out posted on 9th September 2011

I really enjoyed writing this review/anniversary blog post and hope you did as well.

Until next week,
Miranda