Winter Trends: The Sweater+Skirt Combo



Close-Up Stylebook Knit AW 13-14
Who said winter has to be dull?

So winter is up on us (sadly) and it's time to add on the layers. Now that the big September issues of the fashion magazines are long gone, one thing that has stayed on my mind are the countless sweater and skirt outfits. And I must confess they are my favourite winter trend! 

Close-Up Stylebook Knit AW 13-14
Office-to-after-hours-drinks: the perfect outfit
So I was scouring the shops hoping to piece together a similar combo from the mid-season sales. I ended up with this, slightly preppy, Gap do:

P.S. The skirt is actually navy blue! Love it!
Although it is not the exact outfit I envisioned, I am glad to say the quality of the garments is top notch (100% cotton)! This means I can wear them for a long time :) so I consider them a good investment.

I guess it comes down to my job in merchandising that I have now started thoroughly investigating the material composition of the clothes I buy (and I try to steer clear of poly and nylon!). Hence, I believe I have a new high street lover - Gap.


sweater + skirt = cute
More examples of how to piece together your perfect sweater + skirt outfit

If you too, like me, love this trend then fear not: all the stores - from the high street to the high fashion - have lovely sweaters and winter skirts in stock. And what's best is that the winter sales are coming soon! Now all that's left to do is to patiently find a good sweater + skirt combo and you are good to go!