Mercedes-Benz Fashion Festival Sydney



Last week was a whirlwind of fashion, friendship and festivities. The MBFFS was in town and boy did it bring the city's fabulous fashionistas! As a volunteer I had the chance to watch most of the shows, but the ones that I liked best were Camilla's colourful kaftans, the Australian Fashion Week Review (the grand finale was just spectacular! Too bad I didn't have my camera with me for the show :( ) and most importantly the Runway for Research show. Why? Well because the show was a part of the National Breast Cancer Foundation's 'Fashion Targets Breast Cancer' campaign (initiated by Ralph Lauren) for breast cancer research. It was very emotional to see breast cancer survivors and their family members walk down the runway in beautiful gowns alongside professional models.






The campaign, whose main slogan is 'Add to your wardrobe. You could save a life.', has teamed up with various designers, including Camilla, Akira and Lisa Ho, to raise fund for and awareness of breast cancer research by drawing on the elements of elegance, fashion and inspiration. To date Fashion Targets Breast Cancer has raised over $2 million in Australia.






Overall, the event was ultimately what it set out to be - consumer-focused, entertaining and inspiring. The atmosphere was more relaxed than the one at fashion week; the models smiled, the guests were excited and happy to be there and no one had their nose up in the sky! I enjoyed every moment of it. I'm glad to have made some new fashion-loving (yes, I just made that word up :p) friends and to have met some lovely bloggers. Now I feel I am a part of the blogosphere :)









 Au revoir mes amis!