Bigger Fashion

Couple of weeks ago (this post is long overdue) I was at the Love 2010 Fashion Parade on Oxford street. While I was munching on some tasty canapés, several models and brands battled for some cool prizes. But before that Gisela Ramirez launched her plus-size collection. And I mean PLUS size! Her motto: "Big women should not cover themselves and should embrace their bodies". See for yourselves:








 




The designs were pretty cool and I wouldn't mind wearing the chiffon and sheer fabrics kaftans. But this leads me to think: "OK. Now that the fashion world is embracing plus size models and designs for the plus size population, what about those of us who are in the middle?"

I mean there are loads of people out there who are not tiny AUS size 6, nor plus size (AUS) 16. So what about us, inbetweeners (no pun intended)? When will we see normal size models and designers who design for people within  the normal size range?

On a more positive note, African dance group Saea Banyana heated up the atmosphere, while local talent Mike Champion sang some groovy tunes.





Sea Banyana rocked it! Now I'm really keen on learning some African dance moves!

P.S.:
Next post on VOGUE Fashion's Night Out!!!