A Tribute to Australia

G'day mates!

First off I would like to apologise for the prolonged absence of posts on my blog. You see, for the past 3 weeks I've been travelling quite a lot, trying to experience the wonders of Oz as much as possible. And I can't deny it - I have, indeed, fallen in love with the country. Unfortunately, my time here has come to an end and hence the title of this post.

When I started this blog I wrote a post about my experiences at University of Technology, Sydney (UTS). Well, needless to say the university is great! Among its students' many achievements is the popular fashion label bec & bridge. It all started in 2001, when 2nd year fashion design students & best mates Bridget Yorston and Becky Cooper started altering their friends' jeans which led to their first order of 200 pairs of jeans from a shop on the Gold Coast.



Fast forward to 2011 and the label has clocked up some pretty impressive achievements. With a solid base of celebrity followers, including Miranda Kerr, the bec & bridge collections are stocked in David Jones stores (the Australian version of Harrods or  Bloomingsdales) Australia-wide. The label also opened the 2011 Australian Fashion week and has just started selling in Europe and Asia due to an increased demand from international buyers.









This being said, I would like to conclude my post with a salute to fellow Aussie bloggers Margaret Zhang from Shine by Three and Maria from Crashing Red who encouraged me to start my own blog several months ago.

Thank you Australia! You shall be missed greatly!

xo