21 Moments From Moscow

When I headed to the airport last week the chap at the check-in desk chirped happily: "Going to sunny Moscow aren't we?". I managed to twist my lips into a smile, fully knowing that it had been raining in Moscow for the past 10 days and was meant to rain for the next 10...

So of I went to rainy Moscow not knowing what to expect. My first 24 hours in the Russian capital  saw me trod through the rain to the famous Red Square. As usual there were some challenges - like having to walk all the way around the Kremlin and finding my way through the labyrinthine metro stations. But I'm glad to say I managed to get a glimpse of Moscow's famed buildings and to hug a giant Matryoshka!

Alexander's Garden and the walls of the Kremlin

Giant intersection in central Moscow

Walking around the Kremlin

St. Basil's Cathedral


GUM Shopping Centre

GUM celebrating 120 years

Inside the GUM






Red Square

History Museum


The Horse Rider


Fountains at the Garden of the Unknown Soldier


Giant Matryoshkas at a shopping mall